Orange Chicken with Wilted Spinach Salad
A tasty way to ramp up your Vitamin C intake, in a delicious, nutritious salad.
- 4 large navel oranges
- 60 ml olive oil
- 30 ml rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 15 ml honey
- 1 ml each salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Garnish: Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Squeeze juice from 1 orange (you should have 1/2 cup). Whisk orange juice, 3 Tbsp oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place 5 Tbsp juice mixture into a large ziptop bag. Add chicken, seal bag and marinate at room temperature 15 minutes or in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, remove peel and white pith from remaining 3 oranges. Cut into segments; place in medium bowl.
- Heat stovetop grill pan over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Grill chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side until cooked through; remove to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining Tbsp oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion 1 minute, add remaining juice mixture and cook 1 minute more. Remove skillet from heat; add orange segments.
Place spinach in large bowl; toss with half the orange mixture. Evenly divide spinach onto serving plates; place a chicken breast on top of each. Spoon remaining orange mixture on top; sprinkle with almonds.